Companies pour substantial organisational resources to seek, find, develop, and execute new business opportunities. Business case development is a crucial step in this process to select the best alternative that brings the most cost effective future growth opportunities.
Business Case Development is a live document which sets out the case for committing company resources. It explains:
- What the business case is
- How it aligns with existing businesses mix
- What type of benefits and synergies can be expected
- What factors are critical for success
- Its financial feasibility (profitability etc)
- The financial and organisational requirements
- How the new business fares with the culture of the organisation and if there will be any potential issues
- Required internal and external resources and their potential sourcing
- Risk factors and their management
- How to evaluate performance
- Milestones and their risk profiles
- Control, audit and monitoring parameters
TJT offers the benefit of an independent, third party business case development for individual projects. We understand that each company has its own approach for developing a business case. We tailor our approach to the specific needs of each client, and work closely with our clients. The process involves extensive interviews, cross-referencing, and potential fieldwork. TJT builds its business case development on a “Market Research Study”. If not such study exists, TJT carries out a cursory analysis and makes certain assumptions.
Time required: Two to three months
Cost: Calculated from total billable hours plus expenses. A fixed non-refundable front payment of JPY 300,000 is paid upon the start of the project.
Estimated total billable hours: Approximately 45 hours (excluding overseas travel time if any)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire